This pie is merely a meat and veg pie – but if you use the left over pastry to create a smiley face on top – then my kids will eat every last vegie inside! The recipe doesn’t contain many ingredient amounts, this is for the simple fact that I don’t know what dish you will be cooking it in. The amounts for a small pie dish are completely different to the amounts needed for a roasting tray.
fresh vegies from the garden
1 tbsp flour
a splash of worchershire sauce
salt/pepper (to taste)
1. Roll out half of the pastry and lay it into the greased dish. Blind bake in a hot oven for about 10 minutes.
2. In a pan heat some oil and saute onion and the mince. Add the other vegetables and saute for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the flour and cook for another minute. Now add about 1/2 cup of water, along with the spices, herbs, sauce and salt and pepper. Allow to cook until the vegies are soft.
4. Spoon the mixture into the pie dish. Then roll out the remaining pastry and lay over the top of the pie. Seal and make a face with the remaining pastry. Baste the top with milk.
5. Bake in a moderate oven until the pastry is crispy and golden.